Categories:

Seniors of West Albany High School dive into the process of taking their senior photos

Seniors give a ‘behind the scenes’ look into their senior portraits, and how they planned these once-in-a-lifetime photos.
Senior portaits of West Albany seniors Taylor Joynt [left] and Addysen Friend [right]
Kristi Crawford and Charlie Mack

Times are changing. School has started, leaves are beginning to turn, and the senior portrait market is booming. Graduating students often want to make sure they leave the best impression of themselves behind. Their photo will live on forever, whether that be an Instagram post with #SeniorSunday as the caption or engraved on a page in the yearbook, a place they can relive memories many years later. The students get to choose who takes these photos and where these photos end up. How these photos look is a vital part of this decision. Seniors Taylor Joynt and Addysen Friend shared their experiences getting their senior photos taken.

Senior Addysen Friend

WW: Where did you get your photos taken?

Friend: I took them with my friend Bri, and we both decided to take them together in separate places. I chose Fitton Green because that is where the sunset was, and she wanted to go to McDonald forest.

Joynt: “I had to do it early in the year because I really like pretty flowers, so my mom asked the photographer ‘Where is there a place with pretty flowers? That’s all Taylor wants!’. We ended up in a garden with lots of pretty flowers.”

WW: Did these places have any significance to you?

Friend: “I mainly just thought they were pretty, I have not lived here my entire life, but I’ve been to Fitton Green twice before then and it was really pretty. McDonald Forest, I don’t believe I’ve ever been there before.”

“I just like flowers. I think they’re really pretty and I wanted to show flowers in my pictures, and my dress had flowers on it! The flowers matched my dress!”

WW: Do you think your photos represent you?

Friend: “I wore a pretty brown shirt that I think is really me. I also wore a shirt that my grandma chose out for me, and I knew it would be special to her if I wore it.”

Senior Taylor Joynt

$100
$2000