Traditions of fall

What do people enjoy about fall and there traditions?

Fall has finally shown its face with dark clouds and rainy weather. Bringing about a time where people get together and celebrate, with many looking forward to various fall traditions that occur during the season. But what are they and why are they special to so many people?

Max White has been a teacher and substitute at West Albany for many years and holds many fall traditions close to him. “I like the fall season quite a bit,” White said. White gets to announce all of the West football games and cross country  that happen during the season. He even raises money for the polar plunge by dressing up in a big polar bear outfit.  

“I try to help students as much as I can,” White said. “They [the students] treat me like family.”  

Steve Ockerman likes fall and spends time with his family during the fall season, watching “Christmas Vacation” and football games. He even has his birthday during the fall. He loves Dia de los Muertos because of its cultural meaning. “Whatever’s important to my family is important to me,” Ockerman said.

Alternatively, freshman Jorge Dunn doesn’t like fall.“It has too many leaves,” he said” Instead  he says he enjoys putting up decorations, thinking his house looks bland without them. 

Fall has many differing opinions on it, but  it comes with lots of fun traditions that people celebrate for various reasons. Decorations, watching sports with their family, and dressing up in a polar bear all are different traditions that people hold close to them during this season.