Pixels and Paint

Digital art is art. Why?

According to GCFGlobal, art is anything that has emotional meaning, creativity, conceptual ideas, excreta-so by that definition, digital art is art.

The main argument about digital art is that it’s not a traditional style, such as painting or sculpting, but when abstract art first made an appearance it faced the same argument because it was so different: similar to digital artists’ struggles now.

Different doesn’t mean bad. Just because it’s a unique medium doesn’t mean that the digital art is invalid. Digital art takes technique and dedication just like any other art form. People could argue that it doesn’t really take technique because you could just trace something and modify it a little to make it your own, but you could do that with anything. Tracing helps muscle memory to improve creating artists’ own pieces.

All art forms take time and all art forms take effort. Just because one art form is a newer development and isn’t considered “traditional” doesn’t mean that it’s not beautiful. Art is something to relate to and fell digital art can create those feelings. If we let the digitized medium into our vision and definition of art we can learn, perceive, and create so many more meaningful creations.