Things to Hold on to: Objects That Are Important Too These Seniors

These seniors talk about an object that is important to their senior year of high school

Lincoln Tidwell   

Senior Lincoln Tidwell has played basketball for all four years of high school. Every year at senior night for basketball, seniors get their team jersey in a case. 

Za “There was a lot of emotion seeing some of the friends I made have to leave,” Tidwell said. “Experiencing it myself [a year] later was kind of surreal.” 

Tidwell’s jersey, number 11, is NBA player Klay Thompson’s, a player who Tidwell looks up to. Tidwell’s jersey has special importance to him as it is a memento of his time on the basketball team. 

“It represents the work and the hours I put in on the court,” Tidwell said, “and it represents the connections with the people I’ve been around like my teammates and coaches.”

Zilly Clark 

Zilly Clark was given this handbag with cats, dots and squiggly lines on it, as a late birthday gift from special education teacher Tracy Stinson. The bag was just sitting in Stinson’s attic, but it reminded her of Clark, so a few days after their birthday, Stinson gave it to them. “[One] day at school, I was sitting at my desk,” Clark said, “and [Stinson] brought this handbag.” 

“Not only does it have cats on it, but the designs in general remind [her] of me,” Clark said. “I thought that was really cool because this does remind me of myself.” 

Clark uses the bag to hold their stuff and it has pencils, pens, and other things inside of it. “I don’t even know what could be in there,” Clark said. 

Ellyse Hamilton 

This semester in pottery senior Ellyse Hamilton created a mug that is special to her. Hamilton made the mug in remembrance of her dog Sammy who passed away from old age. Around the mug are little paw prints and doggy bones. Unfortunately it has a crack in it, but it can still be used to hold pencils. It is a sweet mug that has great meaning to Hamilton.