The Student News Site of West Albany High School

WHIRLWIND

WHIRLWIND

WHIRLWIND

Looking at The Boys Lacrosse Season Through Charlie Mack’s Eyes

How the boys lacrosse season went according to junior Charlie Mack

This boys lacrosse season was hard on the team. “It was a rough season,” junior Charlie Mack said. “We didn’t win a game.” 

Losses at the beginning of the season started to drive the team apart, which was not helped by some boys quitting the team.             

The losses weren’t the only trials that the team had to overcome.

“We didn’t have any seniors, so me and some of the other juniors that have played [on the team] for longer had to step up and lead before we were ready,” Mack said.

Although this could be something easily dismissed, these juniors had to learn how to lead the team during the season. Not only did they have no seniors, but Mack says they also only had two or three players who had played varsity before.   Yeet, just because the team had a rough season does not mean that they did not have fun. 

“One of the highlights was we had a trip to Bend,” Mack said. “We were playing two games over there and we stayed in this church in the gym. We had some games like basketball and cornhole.”

This was a grueling season, but by the end of it, the team was able to unite themselves again and have some fun moments.