The Bistro Experience

Bistro’s first opening for this year was Oct.11. How did it go?

“I had a great time. It was really, really thrilling,” junior Logan Fisher said after the first opening of the West Albany Bistro on October 11th.

Bistro is a class that you can take at West Albany High School during junior and senior year. To get into Bistro, you have to audition by cooking different foods. The process includes being given random, unknown ingredients and then having a time limit to cook a meal with them. People in Bistro serve teachers and parents, just like a real restaurant, and just like a real restaurant it’s stressful and not always amazing.

“Servers had a really bad time trying to get out [food],” Fisher said

“We made chicken curry with rice and naan, a panini with mozzarella, basil, pesto and prosciutto on homemade sourdough bread, a quinoa salad with Alemany Greek soup, and a London Fog tea… Our theme was ‘all around the world,'” senior Lucy Rouse said. Bistro is not free, charging 12 dollars per meal. during the opening, they had 61  customers and was said to be a pretty big success, but of course, there are some things that will hopefully get worked out over the year.

“I can’t wait for the next one,” junior Jack Spencer said.