The Student News Site of West Albany High School

WHIRLWIND

WHIRLWIND

WHIRLWIND

Senior Awards Ceremony

A recap of the Senior Award Ceremony on Monday, June 3

On the evening of June 3, this year’s senior class gathered for some good news; the total amount of financial aid and scholarships offered to West Albany High School’s class of 2024 totaled over $1.5 million. The class of 2024 gathered in WAHS’s APAC with friends, family, and staff. Throughout the night, students were recognized for the scholarships they received.

Seniors who received the Bulldog, Achievement Award walk across the stage. (Mina Clower )

As well as scholarship recipients, valedictorians were also recognized, and at the end of the ceremony, 76 students were recognized for graduating with an honors diploma. Along with the students recognized for graduating with an honors diploma, there were 112 students who received the Bulldog Achievement Award, which requires four WAHS extracurriculars over four years of high school, one year of world language, and a completed resume

The class of 2024 was able to be recognized for their academic achievements, community service, leadership, athletic abilities, and accomplishments before the graduation at the awards ceremony.