Running to Represent

Class of 2024 Class President Candidates
Art by: Addi Winter

For years, students at West Albany High School (WAHS) have run for class office; this year is no different. The battle to win their desired roles will not be a simple task, but they all have the capability to “win” the election. All the candidates are expected to lead our school with exemplary behavior and to represent their class in a respectable manner. This shouldn’t be a challenge for 2024’s Bulldog graduates. Our school’s candidates will be giving their speeches to their class on Oct. 6, 2023, and will make their mark on their peers. 

However, students are still wondering who is running for office. Throughout the halls you can hear kids asking others about the candidates. Students have signed up from many extracurricular and are running for basically every position, but who are this year’s senior candidates?

“All the activities that I do Band, Choir, etcetera, I’m always the team dad,” said Kyle Milburn who is running for senior class president. “I’m making sure everyones doing what they’re supposed to be doing, not making a mess, not getting into trouble etcetera, etcetera. [So I] decided I might as well get an official position.”  

Kyle Milburn is one of this year’s many candidates running for class president. He has shown his leadership skills in the past when being the vice president of his junior class. Although being a class leader before, Kyle continues to work hard towards higher positions to lead his peers. 

“I did volunteer for the Memorial Middle School’s drama program for a while, and that I did run rehearsal a couple of times and I helped choreographed stuff.” Noel Mayer continues to go on and say “I’m really excited about running.” 

Noel Mayer, who is running for vice president, says she has participated in extracurricular activities including the musical program, theater program, and 2023’s Powder Puff. Although this is Noel’s first year being a candidate in class elections; she has shown no sign of fear when it comes to hard work. 

Candidates for the class of 2024’s senior class elections include Andrew Madsen who is running for secretary, Emmy Louber running for treasurer, Noel Mayer for vice president, Amy Burford, Kylie Baumgartner, Kyle Milburn, and Savannah Lodge who are all candidates for senior class president. 

As the candidates begin their fight for positions to lead their class, the pressure is really starting to sink in. The class of 2024 is filled with talent in every department. Whether it’s the musical program, athletics, or theatrics. The students who show that they can be good leaders will have no problem with leading their senior class.